Spring is springing out here. The irises in the backyard are emerging beside the tulips. I’ve seen daffodils up already, too, and wonder if the plants are as confused by this weather as we are. I’m not complaining! The warmer temps make life with the dogs nicer and I’m definitely ready to shed a few clothing layers.
Here’s today’s Friday Fuel:
1. Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day. Patrick is credited with converting the Irish to Christianity. He used the shamrock to explain the Christian Holy Trinity. A popular tale has Patrick driving the “snakes” from Ireland (clearly a metaphor for ridding Ireland of the pagans). Write a short story in which your protagonist tries to convert another character to the religion of your choice.
2. Sixty-two years ago today, Researchers at the University of California Berkeley announce the creation of element 98, which they name “Californium.” If you created a new element, what would you call it?
3. If your protagonist had the chance to go to a concert and meet the musicians, what kind of concert would it be? Symphony? Rock? What band would they want to see?
4. Your protagonist is buying a new sweater. What color and material is it? Is your protag the cashmere type or more a cotton-wearer?
5. Write a short story in which a character dreams that a flight crashes. She is scheduled to get on a plane later that day. Does she go?
Have a great weekend!