It’s been a crazy week around here. So many things have been happening since the school year started again and I’m trying to get back into a routine. The hardest part is the 5:45AM alarm, I swear. I wake up every morning and glare at my alarm clock.
So here are some prompts to get you moving (creatively)…
1. Today is National Cream Filled Donut Day! There’s your breakfast. Actually, it’s not a good breakfast. What kind of junk food is your favorite? Write a scene in which your protagonist eats too much of something he enjoys.
2. On this day in 1984, Joe Kittinger became the first person to fly a gas balloon alone across the Atlantic Ocean. Would your protagonist fly in a balloon?
3. Write a short story about a character who loses one sense; hearing, sight, touch, taste or smell.
4. Write a short passage describing the sound of a didgeridoo.
5. Speaking of didgeridoos, did you know the name is actually just an onomatopoetic word? What is your favorite onomatopoetic expression?
Have a great, productive weekend!